Friday, October 31, 2008

The Market at Washingtonburg 2008...


Today's photographs come from The Market at Washingtonburg, an 18TH century market and military fair held at the US Army Heritage and Education Center, Carlisle, Pa. from September 19-21, 2008.

This is the second year in a row I had the opportunity to attend this event and if I have anything to say about it I will attend every year they have it. It is a wonderful time to learn about history and enjoy these living historians. During the day there is special programs and lectures an 18TH century blacksmith shop, military court Marshall, artist, craftsmen and more than 300 participants to name a few things.

This is also a great place to practice your photography skills. The living historians are more than happy to pose for portraits and the lighting conditions are constantly changing. If you are interested in more photos from this event click on the military tag to see last years photos. More will follow for this year.

7 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Sounds like a neat fair. I have never had a chance to attend something like this, but I would jump at the chance to go to one.

Gretchen said...

I love going to living history events. You're right about the re-enactors. They're great! :)

Hope everyone is having a Happy Halloween and a Blessed Samhain!

Anonymous said...

I would like to see something like that. Love the pictures. The first is a great portrait!

Reader Wil said...

Thanks for your visit and comment. No I didn't see any witches nor bats, for we don't celebrate Halloween in Holland! I prefer your historical event on the Market at Washington!

 gmirage said...

I agree! the costumes and the beards...wow!

Ken Conger Photography said...

The B&W portrait is great! You are an accomplished photographer able to do fire scenes, critters and people.

Brad Myers said...

Thanks Ken, I wish I could agree with you about the accomplished photographer part. When I look at other poeples photographs more often than not I wonder what the heck I am doing. But then again I really need some photoshop skills.