Monday, October 27, 2008

Logan And His Muzzle Loader...




A couple of weeks ago I traveled to my home town of Shippensburg, Pa. to photograph my nephew, Logan Robinson for his senior pictures. This was only the second time I photographed someone for portraits so it is not something I am totally comfortable with. I tried new things like shooting my SB800 from a tripod off the camera and using a reflector. The verdict is still out on how satisfied I am with the outcome of the shoot. I was more comfortable since we were shooting outdoors, we just didn't get out early enough to take advantage of the quality of light.

Logan has been making guns and plans to go to school after graduating to be a gunsmith, I wish him luck and hope for the best for him. The one thing he wanted me to do was photograph him shooting his muzzle loader. He had a magazine with a picture in like he wanted, so off to the range we went after shooting the portraits. I mentioned that he may have to fire a few times to get the results he wanted. Then we set up a signal to let me know when to begin firing. After changing battery packs to give me eight frames per second we gave it a try. After looking at the LCD on the back of the camera he was happy with the first shoot and we didn't try it again. Looking at the metadata all four of these photos were taken in the same second along with three others. Logan asked that I post these for him to see, I hope you like them Logan.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shoots Brad. I like the one with the fire coming out the end of the gun. Good Luck Logan.

Haney said...

Bradley
Neat idea. It is a little stressful though. Did you do "studio"-type pictures too?

Anonymous said...

Brad
Thanks for posting them, they are AWESOME. We are very happy with them
Sis

Anonymous said...

Brad,
That is a neat series of pictures. It sometimes feels like an eternity, waiting for one of those to go off. I guess a second changes length depending on your point of view.
Kenny

Woody said...

Brad,

That is a great series of photos. Very well done...

Flying Solo said...

Love that smoke! Not the gun :)

Brad Myers said...

Haney, I did not do studio type for Logan, these were all casual.

Kenny, I am not sure what "I guess a second changes length depending on your point of view" means to reply to it.

Coca, you know from my post that I don't hunt anymore but remember guns never killed anyone, people do. Logan shoots competively for the local sportsman's club.

I did not post any of the photos taken as portraits and do not plan to at this time.