Friday, October 24, 2008

Black Bear In Glacier...

Just when you think you are finished photographing wildlife and seeing bears the unexpected happens. My next to last day of the trip we were coming down the going to the sun highway in Glacier National Park when we notice some activity along the road. We quickly realized there was a bear feeding on the berries along the road.

Next week I plan to change things up a little with some photographs from other places. After a few weeks of wildlife it is time for some change before coming back to them. With hockey season starting I need to post a few photographs of my other favorite bears, the Hershey Bears.

13 comments:

Flying Solo said...

I love this bears! Dont forget to shoot what I like about the others! LOL

Coy Hill said...

Your trip west was fantastic! I have really enjoyed the series. The elk, bighorns, wolf, eagle etc, all have been terrific!

Michele said...

Fantastic. What a sweet way to end the trip. A great photo of the bear munching down on the berries... awesome!
Here in the mountains we spend a lot of time up in the high parts searching for the elusive huckleberries and of course...so do the bears... I'm terrified of always meeting up with them... I'm so surprised I haven't yet!
Hope your weekend is good!
~Michele~
Mountain Retreat- Canada

Gretchen said...

Really a great shot! I've only seen bears in the wild a few times and we live in the woods.

Anonymous said...

Send that one to the Bum Bum Site..

Woody said...

Great Photo Brad. Hopefully, the bears can do well this season...

kjpweb said...

Excellent. Hershey Bears, huh? That's the Team the chocolate factory was named after, right?
Cheers, Klaus

DeniseinVA said...

Your photos have been amazing. This one of my favorite animal, so glad you got to see some before you left.

Flying Solo said...

LOL Sparky!

Ken Conger Photography said...

Neat image. Like the leaves on the back and the feeding pose. No question this is a taken in the wild shot.

Carletta said...

Excellent capture!

Texas Travelers said...

Great bear photo. Also the Logan's Pass photo is outstanding. Print it. Frame it, Hang it on the wall.


Come visit anytime,
Troy and Martha

PS: Some Alaska Sunday photos are up today.

It's an exercise in HDR Photography.

.

Brad Myers said...

Thanks everyone for the good comments on this and my other post from out west. It really is a special place, I could post nothing but wildlife on here, but I will mix things up for those that do not share the same passion.