Thursday, October 9, 2008

Canyon Wolf...

This photograph was taken September 23 shortly before 2 p.m. in Yellowstone in the area of twin lakes. Earlier in the day a group of five wolves took down an elk cow for feeding. At the time they took down the elk they were called the Canyon group and consisted of a black alpha male a female he is believed to have an pup with and two other wolves, this being one of them. By the time we left Yellowstone the group had been named the Canyon Pack.

We spent a couple of hours watching these wolves feed on this cow. At a later time I hope to post photos of the black male and female I referred to. This is the closest I have ever been to the wolves and it wasn't close enough to get the photos I had hoped but it was an experience I will never forget.

I will revisit many of the experiences we had again but for know my post will consist of covering the different animals we had encounters with.

5 comments:

Ivar Østtun said...

Wow, very exciting. Great shot. I would love to be there with my camera :-)

Anonymous said...

wow.. that is awesome. I would love to see that.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh goodness at first glance i thought what a pretty dog, till i read further

Fish Whisperer said...

Great shot Bradley. Nature at her best.
Cheers

Leedra said...

Just to get to see the wolf would be an experience even if you didn't get a photograph. But you got both. Great.