Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yellowstone River Eagle...




Today's photographs come from Yellowstone again, along the Yellowstone River, South of Hayden Valley. Not the best eagle shots I have ever taken and not the best of the trip but the sequence I got was interesting and I thought maybe someone would enjoy them. He was sitting in this lodge pole pine on the other side of the river, close enough we spotted him from the road but not close enough for quality photos. These were taken with a 400 mm lens at full length, shooting a Nikon there is a 1.5 conversion factor making it the equivalent of shooting 600 mm and then they were cropped to about 1/8 of the frame.

Upon see him I set up just to shoot a couple of photographs, deciding to wait him out I adjusted the camera to put him in the left side of the frame, thinking he would fly from left to right. Hey I had a 50/50 chance right, wrooong!!!. As always what ever I guess was the opposite of what happened, he went to the left. I still managed to get some photos of his take off and the beginning of his flight. Today I posted him and three of from the beginning and tomorrow I will post five more images of him that I managed to get before he left the frame.

5 comments:

Woody said...

I really like these photos...Thats a cool shot..

Anonymous said...

Great catch. The eagle is one of my favorite birds to photo graph.

Anonymous said...

Like the eagle shoots. The eagle is my favorite bird.

Ivar Østtun said...

Nice shots. This is a beautiful bird :-) Well done

Texas Travelers said...

Nice sequence. I like this series a lot. Great photos.

Thanks for the visit,
Troy