Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lamar Valley Pronghorn...

After posting two days of the bald eagle I am back to posting the different animals I seen on the trip. On the ride from Denver to Yellowstone we seen hundreds of antelope in the fields. Little did I know that we would see very few more. The antelope are in rut the same time as the elk but we seen very few in the park and most were single bucks, very few doe. I guess we should have stopped and shot them on the way there. This buck was off aways in a field in the Lamar Valley, shot at 600 mm and cropped in.

4 comments:

Ken Conger Photography said...

Nice colors. If you are lucky sometimes they are in a herd and close to the road in Lamar.

Ivar Østtun said...

You are lucky to have so many animals around you. I do believe I have to visit Yellowstone sometime :-)
Great shot.

Woody said...

Great Photo Brad!

Willard said...

Excellent capture, Brad. I got to photograph one in Lamar Valley when it crossed the road where I was waiting with the 100-400mm. We did see some herds, but they were too far for best results.

That was a good eagle encounter also. I have never gotten close enough to one for good still photos.

Thanks for referring readers to me on the moose post, it is much appreciated.

Although we usually photographed something each day that one could not get at home-still I had expected to see more wildlife on our trip. I was especially disappointed in the number of elk we saw and no bear sightings. Still it is a great place to visit.