Friday, October 17, 2008

Oxbow Bend Beavers...

As I said before the wildlife wasn't what it was in the past, but for the first time in my life I got to see some beaver (he, he, he, I can just imagine what some of you were thinking) and photograph them. We failed on our attempts to shoot the river otters and after trying multiple locations for the beaver I felt we would fail there also. But just when I didn't expect it they were right out in the open. There was three at this den but we only got to see two of them. I chose this one today because I liked the reflections of the aspens on the water. As usual the stupid people were around making there equally as stupid comments, this one lady said oh! look what does he have, it must be a shoe. I just didn't want to spoil her day and tell her it was the beavers tail.

8 comments:

Ivar Østtun said...

Great. I have seen the art of a beaver but never seen one. Thanks for sharing :-) Have a nice weekend

Ken Conger Photography said...

These are challenging critters to capture during daylight hours. I have not been as fortunate as you and this is a great image, especially with the water color you mention. Blue Skies.

Anonymous said...

The next time you get to Alaska. From King Salmon to the mouth of the Naknek Lake on the Naknek River, there are several Beaver dams & dens.

Woody said...

Thanks for sharing Brad. I've enjoyed all your wildlife photos so far...

Flying Solo said...

I don't see the "shoe"! LOL

Texas Travelers said...

Great shot of the Beaver and house.
Perfectly framed for balance and interest.
Well done.

Come visit anytime,
Troy and Martha

PS: Alaska Sunday Hope, AK photos are up today.
.

kjpweb said...

Great, Brad! From Eagle to Antelope to Beaver. Wonderful shots!
Cheers, Klaus

DeniseinVA said...

What a wonderful photo, I have seen the beaver dams like the previous poster but never been fortunate enough to see the beaver. Another impressive photo.