Thursday, June 12, 2008

Washington D.C. Engine Company 17...



What would all these post be without showing you Jack's house and engine? This is the house Jacked worked in his whole career, it looked much different the last time I was there, but then again it was to ride with Jack so that was some time ago. I think we rode the Hahn then with the Ford pumper running behind the wagon. The Seagrave runs out of the house now and was the engine that gave Jackson his final ride.

Jack loved all fire trucks and he loved steamers. There is a great photograph of this rig in a parade at Baltimore in 1973 being pulled by three big horses with steam coming from the boiler. Jackson is sitting next to the driver wearing red suspenders, a black helmet and a smile from one ear to the other. This Saturday is steam day at the Maryland Museum of Fire in Lutherville, Maryland. Jackson always enjoyed the event, I will shoot photos for both of us on Saturday Jack.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great images brad. Keep up the great work.

Woody said...

I agree with Sparky, Great Job with the photos Brad..

Anonymous said...

As I have told you in the past Brad,,you could put any image on here it would be great,,
Also I talk to Chief Ivan Bretzman yesterday,,your idea of a picture night sounds great,,just let him know,, 1980's and after,,nobody after 1980's,,,

Anonymous said...

I have my slides and pictures. I talked about using the SFAC. Let me know and we can get something set up. I think it will be a great time.

Anonymous said...

Great pics keep it up brad. Cressler

Anonymous said...

4thsgt, great pics of saturday's event. the temps could have dropped 15 degees but i still wouldn't have missed it. Just a correction on ur post... the seagrave wagon in picture(2005 seagrave, S-161) replaced the wagon (2000 seagrave, S-132) that gave him his final ride.

Brad Myers said...

Thanks Sarge, its not my fault you guys get to much new stuff. My truck is six years old and I will retire on it. Maybe I will stop in after I am gone and look at it's replacement, nooo just kidding I won't even cross the river when that time comes.