Friday, June 13, 2008

The Legend Unveiled...


As we get to the end of the week I thought maybe I should get you to the reason we were in Washington on Saturday. As the program called it for this part of the ceremony "The Legend Unveiled". I am sorry I did not get a better shot of the group during the plaque ceremony, but I was shooting away and this very fat, rude and smelly man stepped right in front of me. Now I thought, okay he is going to take one or two photos and step out of the way, but nooooooo he stays their. Anyplace else and I would have made a scene and sent him to the bacon factory but this was not the place or the time for that.

The people in the photograph from left to right are Captain Michael Marsico, Company Commander Engine 17, IAFF Local 36 President Daniel Dugan, Patsy Gerhart, DC Fire and EMS Chief Dennis L. Rubin and Councilman Phil Mendelson, Member-at-Large and the Chairman of the Committee on Public Safety filling in for Mayor Fenty.

Don't go away just because the plaque was unveiled, I plan to post three more days next week from DC before moving on.

I would like to end today's post with something a little different, and that is a thanks to all those out there looking at the site. Yesterday there was 71 hits on this site. I consider that a fantastic day, thanks again. And I would be in trouble if I failed to wish my son SHANE MYERS A HAPPY 12TH BIRTHDAY TODAY.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shane

Anonymous said...

Good pic's and looking forward to the rest. And Happy Birthday Shane.

Unknown said...

Brad,

Tell Shane Happy Birthday from Cincy. Enjoy him while you can, they grow up so fast!

Woody said...

Good Pics Brad..

Happy Birthday Shane!! Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Four more years and in comes another Myers to the fire service?
Cressler

Woody said...

Hey Brad,

How do you see how many hits you get on the blog???

Brad Myers said...

Don't look for another Myers in the fire service, this one is being brought up differntly.

Woody go to www.googleanalytics.com and follow the instructions to set it up. I have it attatched to both of my sites, it gives you a ton of information. I use to know that people are looking, if they stop or the numbers get low then the sites get deleted.

Haney said...

Happy Birthday Shane!

Anonymous said...

Brad,
One minor correction to your Friday post, the Councilman is Phil Mendelson. He is a Member-at-Large and the Chairman of the Committee on Public Safety. I noticed in thwe program that Councilman Thomas was to be there but don't remember seeing him at all. Tell Shane Happy Birthday from me and mine.
Kenny

Brad Myers said...

Thanks for the correction Kenny, I went by what they had in the program.

Shane enjoyed all the birthday wishes. He had a great day getting what he wanted.

Anonymous said...

happy b-day Shane

shane