Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Don't Know What To Type This Morning...

This is another one of those older photographs shot as a jpeg that had a green color cast to it. I tried forever to remove it with no luck, but after running it through raw on CS3 I thought I got it right. Of course this morning while putting it up it looks like it came back to me. I don't know if it did or not, my eyes are worse in the mornings and of course I don't have my glasses on and my monitor has not been calibrated. The lighting on the room is much different now then when I worked on the photos. I guess I should calibrate this thing since Linda purchased one for me at Christmas.

I almost forgot, this was taken in the Jackson Hole area in the fall of 2006. She was feeding along the road and I took it from the truck window.

As mentioned yesterday I want to give you the links for two more blogs I look at daily. If you look at my site for the wildlife you will really like these two. The first one comes from Pennsylvania http://pawildlifephotographer.blogspot.com/ If you get the chance to look at it check out all his posts he has some fantastic photographs of Pa. turkeys and whitetail deer. I know I have already found some of his places on the map and plan on a few road trips with the camera. The second one comes from out west in the magical area where wildlife is abundant http://afocusinthewild.blogspot.com/ She is having problems with her system right now but check out her past work for great wildlife and keep checking for her new posts.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

I know what to write.

How about Bang!

Willard said...

Thanks or the link!

The picture looks fine to me, but I know what you mean. I use a calibrated monitor, but still sometimes when I post one it does not look like I expected.

Brad Myers said...

Chuck, years ago I would go bang and then I learned that they package meat at the store for me. Now it is the sound of the shutter, I get to much pleasure out of watching the wildlife.

Thanks Willard, I will work on photos at work in the evenings on my laptop and think they look great, bring them home and put them on the PC and they look flat or not vibrant. I do fine with the camera but photoshop and the PC give me fits.