Tuesday, June 17, 2008

DCFD Support Vehicles...



Today and Wednesday I am finishing up my post from the dedication of Engine Company 17. I know that a few of you look at the site in hopes of seeing fire apparatus so I thought I would cater to you for the next couple of days.

The District had a number of units there but with the harsh lighting and the position they were in they were not easy to shoot. I myself like support vehicles. Only big cities have the resources to have a big fleet of support vehicles that perform a wide variety of tasks. Or in the case of the city I work for we get units that have been worn out by other bureaus years ago given to us then we spend the next five years writing up why they are junk and what needs fixed, just to see them sitting around for another couple of years taking up space until they are towed out to be crushed like they should have been in the first place. Okay now I am getting wound up, did you see all the new police cars for Harrisburg in the news last night, not to mention all the hiring the police would like to do? Did you see what the bastard step children (fire bureau) are getting? No you didn't because we are not getting %(^@&*!

Okay where was I? That right DC support vehicles, this just happens to be three of the ones sitting in the area that the lighting and traffic allowed me to shoot. I really like the two TDA's #6 & #15 sitting on Monroe Street, I can only look at them and dream because they will never be a reality for me.

4 comments:

Woody said...

Typical City Govt...Give the police everything, but the FD does not need anything new..

Just like yesterday, a few coworkers were stating on how poor a job Lancaster City was doing at their fire. I said it's kind of hard to accomplish all the tasks needed when you only have 2 guys on each company and they have to do the work of 10 men in a rapid manner...

Anonymous said...

Fire Dept will get the money next year. I have a problem the purchase of all those vehicles. You buy that many at one time, that means they all break at the some time.

Brian Bastinelli said...

Nice pics Brad. It's cool to see a department do something right and support an event like that.

Oh btw, speaking of those police cars... They looked pretty on the news.

You'll never guess who was ordered to wash all 30 of them...

Brad Myers said...

They did look pretty, please say the fire department didn't have to wash the new police cars!

The DCFD did it right, don't count on us ever seeing anything like that.