Monday, June 16, 2008

Faces In The Dedication Croud...



As I said last week the dedication of Engine Company 17 will continue this week. It is a good thing I go to events like this or I would never get any fire related photographs. Friday I get a call asking me why aren't you at the multiple alarm fire, of course it was in York and he was just busting on me. Saturday as part of our fun family weekend we are playing games in the Colosseum having a great time, with my camera in the car while a couple of miles away they are going three alarms at a hotel fire. Maybe I will just turn the scanner off and forget about it.

In today's shots from the District Patsy Gerhart poses with the plaque at the end of the ceremony for everyone to take photographs. Patsy had to be tired of the camera by the end of the day as her picture was taken hundreds of times. In photograph two a few of the men from the Franklin County area take time out to enjoy the meal the DCFD barbecue team prepared for us. From left to right is Danny Byers, Crawford Wiestling and Bobby Monn. And in the last photograph DCFD Chief D.L. Rubin poses with Chambersburg Assistant Chief William Dubbs and Chief Emeritus Crawford Wiestling.

Since there is a number of people that look at the site hoping to see fire trucks the next two days will be some of the rigs sitting on the street that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice images. On the second picture, I would like to hear what those three were talking about. Had to put the boots on for that one.

Anonymous said...

Well my bet is their talking about they're retirement check's,,,

Woody said...

Great photos my friend...