Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Final Post From DC...




This is it, the final day of posting from Engine 17's dedication in Washington, DC. Over the eight days I posted you get to here a little about the program and the people that attended, you also got to see 22 photographs ranging from the apparatus, people and ceremony. I was not pleased with the way any of the photos turned out partly because of the weather, lighting and my own fault, but the intent of these post were to pay tribute to Jackson Gerhart and allow all of those that could not attend to see what they missed.

I really have nothing else to say about today's photos but I do have a question for all you bus drivers and riders in the District. I noticed the two paint jobs are different (and I didn't need my glasses) on the two buses, and that one says paramedic. Is this the way they tell the difference between a BLS unit and a Medic Unit or are they just two different years creating the different paint jobs?

4 comments:

Woody said...

Brad,

I think you could post a photo of garbage and it would still turn out to be a good photo...

Jonesy said...

They are two different years/ paintjobs, has nothing to do with BLS or ALS. Nice shots Brad, I enjoyed seeing all of them!!

Anonymous said...

Brad,
Like Jonesy said different years.The paint scheme changed to the white over red about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. Prior to that, the white with red stiping was the standard. All units regardless of being ALS or BLS carried the paint scheme.
Kenny Jr

Haney said...

Good job this past week and a half Bradley, I wish I could have gone down. Maybe I'll swing by next time down.