Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rare Sunday Post...

Today I am making a rare Sunday post, who knows maybe no one will see it but then again who cares. Today's post is to kick off Washington and the Caps week (or weeks). Yesterday we traveled to Washington, again, to see our beloved Washington Capitals play their final game of the season.

This was not like the other regular season finals we have been to the last few years, this game meant something. If we win we win the division and are ranked third with home ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs and if we loose we go home until next year.

This shot was taken right after getting off the subway, the building on the right is the Verizon center, home of the Capitals.

More to follow this week on the events leading up to the game, the game itself and finally followed by our walk around this area of the District. This trip I did something a little different, I left the camera hang from my should and just shot from there. I only took a few photos while looking into the view finder.

I needed this trip it will give me enough to work with for the next week or two until I can find something else to post. If you don't like hockey you may not enjoy the next few days, if you lust like to look at the photographs, then I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed living them.

8 comments:

Brad Myers said...

And yes I know the image does not appear clear it was the post processing I did. That is the way the Caps season has been since Thanksgiving when Bruce took over, a blur as we made other teams and fans see red.

Anonymous said...

Well Brad some of us review your site every day of the week ,,
Great story,,,
Plus keep up the good work,,,
Between you and Kevin it's great to wake up and review these site's,,
Wally,,

Wagon Master In Training said...

Brad, did you get a picture of the greatest firehouse in DC? SE is not that bad, you might feel like you are at work. I knew that I should have wroked OT yesterday. I have been trying to get a pic of the ball park from the freeway for sometime. There are still too many drunk driver's on the raod at 4 in the morning. I need to see more pics of tasty animals.

Brad Myers said...

Thanks Dale, I can always count on you and your brother.

WM whats the greatest firehouse in SE? I did get a photo of Engine 2 doing fill the boot and ladder 5 driving by. Trivia question, whats the greatest firehouse in Harrisburg? Who the hell cares as long as I am not in it. Okay enough of me being negative for now.

Wagon Master In Training said...

Brad, you need to drink the Kool-aid. I heard that it tase good. So howe many days till you retire? When is pump primers? Info I need info.

Brad Myers said...

WM I will have to get back to you on Pump Primers nut it is always the second Saturday in July. Now that today is complete I have 4 years, 10 months and 8 days, but who is counting. Maybe your Dad will hire me then.

Wagon Master In Training said...

Brad, if Dad hired you then you would only get to "see" 1/4 of the modern day Ambo riding experience. In this day and age that would not be good enough, you would need to experience the whole 9 yards. Besides maybe you can renew a tradition started along time ago. It involves a bench and a few other seasoned fireman. I can definetly see you, Pap Sanders and maybe Dad. Sitting on the bench out infront of the new firehouse watching my son wash the riggs saying "Boy, you missed a spot on that wheel!" JD, what did you call the origianl members that sat on the bench out infornt of the 52 house.

Brad Myers said...

I will do that but you need to let me drink while sitting on the bench and you need to let me spit or get a bucket to spit in. But you know we are going to have to tell a bunch of lies.