Monday, April 14, 2008

Bears Are In The Playoffs...


Okay I know I said no more hockey, and that I would be using the Washington D.C. photographs this week, but these are not Capitals photos, they are Bears photos. And I promise they won't be all week. Just through Wednesday or Thursday, and then into something else, I hope.

On Friday the Bears beat the Phantoms in Philly to reduce their magic number to one, on Saturday the Phantoms visited Hershey and we beat them 5-2 to clinch a playoff spot. The game was very entertaining with Philly playing the way you would expect and the Bears not taking it.

The top photograph is of "Cheese the Destroyer" in the crease in the first period. In the third period he had to leave the crease for a little heavy weight action, more on that later in the week. The second photograph is of Ryan Flinn being congratulated after scoring a second period goal. Ryan only score three goals this season and two of those came Saturday and Sunday night. Later Ryan introduced his fist to a Phantom, who obviously wanted no part of it as his head stayed down and his eyes closed.

The Bears were at home again on Sunday playing the Binghamton Senators, we also won that meaningless game 6-5 in overtime. The next season begins Wednesday night at the Giant Center against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. GO BEARS!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the pictures coming. I don't care if you show hockey all week. As long as I have pictures to look at. To those people that don't want to see hockey pictures, put some of Alaska back on.

Brad Myers said...

I am just glad I found something to shoot to keep me in business on here. Between the Bears and DC photos from around the verizon center I am good for another two weeks. Maybe we need to head to Alaska to get more photos.