Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What A Beautiful Animal...

This nice 6 by 6 was photographed in the town of Benezette, Pa. one early morning. I just love the new cameras, they allow you to push the ISO with little effect on the noise compared to digital cameras just a couple of years ago. Note the little bit of velvet left on the top of the antlers in the upper right hand side of the photo. I wish I could have gone north a couple of weeks earlier to see these bulls in velvet rubbing it off in the trees. Just posting these photos makes me anxious to get back there the end of the month for the rut.

1 comment:

Willard said...

You nailed him spot on, Brad. An excellent photo, and I agree completely about the ISO. It is strange but the week we were there was actually good for seeing them shedding a year ago, but it seemed like it was early this year.