Monday, September 14, 2009

Oh! Those Were The Days...

Wow! what a great time in life the cars all had class, life was not as complicated and everything seemed so much easier. You drank milk from a bottle that was put in the box on the front porch, baseball cards were .15 cents at the corner store and if you forgot what you went for Art would call your house and ask. Down towns were filled with stores like G.C. Murphy's and every one went their to shop. What I wouldn't give to go back, don't get me wrong I would still want the same wife and son and job. Lately with spending more time working on my family tree I realize how much I miss family members that have passed away. In just five years, yes I know I said five but time fly by so quickly, Shane will be heading off to college leaving the house empty. I don't know what I will do with an empty house. And he better call often or I will cut off the money. And now with less than three and a half years to go before I can retire and maybe being forced to go then because of the financial difficulties of the city I have to start thinking about leaving the best job there is and possible look for another job to hold me over for four or five years. As I sit here typing this with my glasses on to see the screen I understand it is a normal progression in life but it does not mean I have to like it. I guess I will just keep on enjoying family and cherish what time we all have left here.

3 comments:

Sparky said...

Yes I can remember Art at the corner store. And the old bottle soda machine outside. Those were the days.

Anonymous said...

Ya know, it's great to just set back and dream of the days of back in the days. I also remember Art at the store, and yes Brad, this is normal progression in life.

Thanks for the flashback thoughts.

Grizz

Coy Hill said...

Great nostalgia posts Brad.
Most of us look back and cherish things from our childhood as will the generation coming up now.