Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Katmai National Park, Alaska...

After talking about bears this weekend with some friends and not getting out and shooting much wildlife lately I thought I would revisit my Alaska photographs. If you are new to the blog then you may not know that my family and I vacationed in Alaska July 2007. One of the side trips was Katmai National Park. We were there at the right time of year as the salmon were spawning and heading up stream to Brooks Falls. I knew about this and planned the trip accordingly, after behaving like a child until my wife agreed to go. Even she admitted that it was the best part of the trip. I would love to go back again some day as it may be the best place in the world to view grzzly bears in the wild.

Don't forget to stop by Shane's site today and check out his new post.

1 comment:

Spark said...

I spend a year at a place called King Salmon. This is the gateway to Katmai National Park. I will have to say that Katmai is one of the great National Parks. I would also love to go back for a visit.