Friday, September 18, 2009

Last Katmai Bears Photo For the Week...

Yep it is my last Katmai bears photograph for the week, of course it is my last post for the week also. I do promise not to post bears next week, but I think I will keep with the Alaska photographs for a little while longer. I try to mix things up on my end also so I do not get bored.

I want to thank everyone that has been looking and commenting on the site. When I posted the Elk stuck in the swings photos a couple of weeks ago the visitors really picked up, some of you stayed and keep coming back. If you like what you see or even think it sucks, leave a comment and let me know. If it is that bad I can always switch the camera to automatic and give it to my wife. I added a couple more links on the left for wildlife sites, check them out the photography is awesome, Rocky Mountain Photography and Nature's Moments.

6 comments:

Sparky said...

I enjoy the bears. I can't wait to see the rest of the Alaska trip. Great site keep up the great job. Never bored with this site.

Woody said...

Keep up the good work Brad. Like Sparky said, I am never bored coming to your site..

Anonymous said...

Brad,
I keep checking and loving the site! Just how close were you to these bears in this post? Amazing pics! I'm not exactly one to look at the pics with a 'skilled artful eye' however the one thought I've had when I come to the sight with the current header is, "You can see the eye of the fish in the bears mouth on the header. Makes me wonder what's going through that fishs' mind..." Weird, I know. Just a thought.

TJ

Willard said...

Hi Brad,

I love the bear shots. It must be an awesome experience to witness this.

Brad Myers said...

TJ I was pretty close to some of the bears but I was not right on top of them. I did not put myself in danger with the exception of the walk to get to the falls and even then I followed all the rules. They were shot with a lens capable of 600 mm if that is any help.

After the bear catches the salmon the next thing to go through his mind is the bears teeth. I explained the way the bears line up and the way they eat the fish but that has been some time ago. I will revisit that again soon explaining the process.

This is an awesome place and next to Ox Bow Bend in the Tetons my favorite place to visit. If I have one thing to look forward to it will be driving around in an RV after I retire watching this sort of thing.

Coy Hill said...

No boredom with your bears here, just not much time to spend on the computer. Katmai must be an amazing experience. From what I have seen here I could envision Katmai as a destination not a side trip! I’m enjoying every frame.