Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random Elk Photos...


For today's wildlife photographs I decided to choose a couple of random elk photographs my my fall 2008 Yellowstone trip. These photographs were taken on different days but could be the same elk. The first one was taken very late in the evening as it was getting dark. We were heading north towards our camp when we spotted the traffic jam. For those of you that have been to Yellowstone you know I traffic jam can only mean one thing, wildlife. This bull was on top of this ridge with a herd of cows, but by the time we exited the truck and set up the tripods he dropped down the other side. It was already to dark to shoot anything else so we waited him out, hoping he would show up again. Just as we were about to give up he reappeared.

The second photo was shot eight days later and in the same general area but on the other side of the road after the rut had wound down. I really need time to get out and shoot some new wildlife. Like an addict I need a wildlife fix.

5 comments:

Michele said...

Whoa! That first photo is awesome! I could see that framed! Perfect.
I hope you can get out and fix that addiction of yours asap, I'm addicted to your photos!

Leedra said...

I love the 1st photograph.

Willard said...

Good to see the elk photos, Brad. I always like a skylined photo, and the b&w treatment is special. Good work!

I also like the barbed wire photo in the previous post. I know what you mean about the inspiration thing. One has to be in the mood to get creative.

Anonymous said...

I have been away for awhile and playing catch up. You post over the weeks have been enjoyable. I love the close up of the fence with the blurred mountain in the background. Also you captured some great deer and elk.

A Colorful World said...

GREAT shots! I particularly love the first one! Do you ever sell your work?

Marie