Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Portrait Of A Mule Deer...

With the Pennsylvania whitetail deer rut here, I thought it would be appropriate to post photos of Pa. whitetails. But since I have not been out to get any new ones lately, I am going to substitute a Wyoming mule deer, just don't tell anyone. This nice six by six was shot last month on my trip out west, he was one of the bucks in the herd of five along Lava Creek in Yellowstone. I feel like I should be typing more, but my tank is running on empty and that is all I can come up with.

For more on the whitetail rut visit Willard and Salty Hill's blogs, links are to the left, they are country captures and Pa wildlife photographer.

7 comments:

Coy Hill said...

Thanks for the plug Brad.

This is a beautiful portrait, I really like how the buck stands out against the dark background.

Just a couple more days in the office then I'll be hitting the outdoors to photograph the whitetail rut. I'm planning on going to Shenandoah for a couple of days shooting next week.

Anonymous said...

It's been awhile since I commented on anything.

I sure do enjoy your wildlife pics, Brad. Keep up the good work, not only here, but also with your SFD blog. Enjoying both.

Stay safe and bring everyone home.

Grizz

Modesto Viegas said...

very good!

Texas Travelers said...

I have to tell you, you have been posting some really great photos lately. The last half dozen posts have had some great shots.

Troy

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is an exquisite portrait of a very handsome animal. Well done, Brad.

Anonymous said...

Great portrait. What a beautiful animal.

Leedra said...

Beautiful buck, looks like he was paying for a portrait 'sitting'.