Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Attempt At Art...

This was my attempt at creating art with a photograph. It does not make a difference what you are photographing if you are not really into it. For those that shoot allot they will know what I mean when I say you have to feel it or you are just going through the motions and getting garbage.

Sometimes I am like that, I just can't feel it, like this particular day. Brian and I were in Montana and he wanted to stop and shoot some trees. We got out of the truck and he began firing right away. I looked around without releasing the shutter, I just wasn't into it at the time. But then I noticed this fence, I got down and looked at it closer along with the back ground. And I felt it, up came the camera and I started shooting. I was pleased with the results, I know that doesn't mean anyone else will like it.

I guess the moral of the story is don't just do something to do it. Do it because you like it, it strikes your fancy or what ever you want to call it. Nike isn't always right when they say "Just Do It".

8 comments:

gina said...

i like it...i think it's the clarity of the barbed wire and muted colors of the background. at any rate, i think it works.

Torsdag 1952 said...

One more step in an other direktion, great "art-shot"

Coy Hill said...

I like it Brad!

I can see that shot framed & matted and hanging on the wall.

Those are some super crisp muley shot on your previous post. You were up-close and personal with that buck.

Leedra said...

I agree totally. Sometimes even when a person is into the photograph doesn't turn out like it was thought. So there sure is no need to just go through the motions when you don't even have the feeling.

Senators Fans Unite said...

I completely understand where you're coming from.

Can't really tell because of the blurred background (good job) but it looks like the lighting wasn't to good. Seems like you made the most of the difficult situation.

A Colorful World said...

I really love this photo! I think you were so right to choose it for your subject on that day!
Marie

Ivar Østtun said...

LIke your composition in this shot. A beautiful background in strong contrast to the wire. Very well done.

Stacey said...

Very cool pictures Brad.