Monday, September 8, 2008

The Season Is Over...


The Harrisburg Senators baseball season has ended continuing the clubs string of years without making it to the playoffs. The Senators are the AA affiliate of the Washington Nationals. They play their games in Commerce Bank Park on City Island, Harrisburg. The team had a good season finishing over 500% and in third place which gives us something to look forward to next year.

These were taken during the last game of the season on Labor day while the team played the Bowie Baysox. It is hard to pull for Harrisburg when they play Bowie because the Baysox are the Orioles affiliate and I have been an Oriole fan since I have been a little boy. And yes that was a looong time ago. Harrisburg won the game 13-7 and in the future I will post some action shots of the game. For today I thought I would post some that I took more for an art stand point. I want to thank Frank for providing us with the great seats, Shane loved them. The two photos were taken in the Baysox dugout. The hats and gloves were when the team was up to bat and the player is the Baysox back up catcher.

I wanted to let everyone know that today is the first anniversary of this web site. When it started I got the idea from Brian, my friend and truck partner at work. It seemed like an easy thing to do when I made that first post of the Katmai bear eating a salmon. I soon realized that it would not be easy to always have something to post. After only a couple of months I stopped posting on the weekend when my tracker showed that no one looked then so my total post for the first year are 302 today. The amount of viewers have grown over the year but I would always be glad to have more. I am looking forward to another year and have a number of trips planned including Yellowstone, Glacier and the Tetons in the very near future. So stayed tuned I can only hope that I and the site keep getting better.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR STOPPING BY AND YOUR GREAT COMMENTS.

7 comments:

Woody said...

Happy Anniversary Pal...Great Photos!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. great Job. Like both the sites, keep um coming.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. I really enjoy reading your post and your picture are always so cool. Thanks for sharing

kjpweb said...

Bradley - congratulations on your 1st Bloggoversary. A good job you did with it! And "if you built it, they will come!" Especially with the quality of images you post.
And I would post over the weekend as well - people will look, if you got something new.
So keep 'em coming - I for my part will come by!
Cheers, Klaus

Haney said...

Congrats
Even when it ain't easy, it still ain't work. Keep posting, there will always be someone watching.

Flying Solo said...

Happy aniversary Bradley!!
I'll tune :)

Brad Myers said...

Thanks all, I enjoy it but the rest of my family gets tired of me sitting here pecking away and working on photographs.