Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bristol Motor Speedway, Sharpie 500...




The regulars on here know that we went to Bristol Motor Speedway in August for the Nascar races. I had post a few photos previously from Bristol including the Friday night Nationwide series race. I have been asked a few times recently if I was going to post any from the Cup race Saturday night and if I got any of the big crash, so here are a few.

The first photograph shows Dale Earnhardt Jr. (88 car for the non race fans), my favorite driver, the second photograph shows Kasey Kahne blowing flames out the exhaust pipes after a crash on lap 216 between turns 1 and 2. In the third photograph Bill Elliott (21) gets his car serviced in the pits and of course race fans know when Carl Edwards wins a race he always does his back flip at the start finish line.

All of the photograph were shot at a focal length of 200 mm with the ISO ranging from 2400 to 3200 in the last photograph. You never know a few more photos from the weekend may show up in the future.

7 comments:

Brian Bastinelli said...

Nice images Brad. My fav is the last one.

It's a great capture of a cool moment. And considering the conditions (lighting) you did a nice job keeping it clear with just a hint of motion in the subject.

Nice work!

kjpweb said...

Great shots - and the last one - perfectly times! Bravo!
Cheers, Klaus

HFD60 said...

Very nice Brad. Great timing on the last shot...

Anonymous said...

great pictures. I love the last one with Carl doing his winning back flip. I am a Jr fan myself.

Woody said...

Excellant Shots Brad...

Leedra said...

I used to be a big Nascar fan. The last race I went to was a Bristol about 3 years ago. Until I read it I thought you caught a race car driver being thrown from his car. Glad to know I was wrong. Great shot, don't think I would have caught it at that perfect instant.

2sweetnsaxy said...

These are great. My brother would have loved this. He loves his cars and the races. :-)