Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Arctic Endeavor...

This photograph was taken last July in Valdez, Alaska during the same vacation as yesterdays post. The ship was called the Arctic Endeavor, its job is to contain leaks and spills from the fuel tanker ships that cruise these seas on a regular basis. Alaska was so beautiful and I can't wait to vacation there again sometime. Our next trip will be the inner passage and will probably be a cruise tour. It should yield some great sea life photos along with the fantastic landscape.

7 comments:

The Birdlady said...

That's a very nice image - I love the mountain framed by the ship. Good work!
And the little bear cub from yesterday is great.

Anonymous said...

nice picture of the boat. I do not know they had a boat just to fix the leaky boats.

Woody said...

That's a cool photo. Good Job Brad!

Ivar Østtun said...

Valdez.. I remember Exxon Valdez, the oil tanker :-(

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get back to AK.

DeniseinVA said...

I would love to get out to Alaska one day, and even more so when I see great images like this one.

Texas Travelers said...

Nice photo. I like it a lot. Thanks for the info.

Alaska = obviously one of my favorite places.

I also like the bear cub below.

Troy

PS: I posted one AK photo today