Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kissing Elks...

It has been a long time since I posted a wildlife photograph, way to long. Of everything I photograph I enjoy wildlife the most. These two elk were caught doing whatever they are doing at Mammoth (Yellowstone) in July 2005.

With the upgrade to CS3 along with the skills I have gained since that time I am revisiting some of my older photos. I tried working this picture up a few years ago and never liked it, but being able to send it through raw (it was a jpeg) makes a big difference.

I can't wait to get back out there this year and put my new skills and equipment to the test.

2 comments:

Willard said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like yours and will return often.

I am shooting and processing in RAW too with the Canon 40D. I also used RAW with the 10D which was my first digital camera.

I find that it gives me more control over the highlights and shadow areas of a photograph among other things!

Gretchen said...

Nice shot! I live in PA near the largest herd of elk on this side of the country. Just love getting out and photographing these giants.