Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Katmai, Alaska Grizzly Bear Gets Dinner...

Today I am going to post something a little different, a video. I have photographs prepared for the next week yet but Linda found time to get some video ready for me so here it is. This was taken by her last July in Katmai, Alaska during our family vacation. Up to now you have seen many photographs of the bears at this location, now you can see just what the bears were doing here. The entire video last one minute and 46 seconds, so please be patient and let him fish. The video footage was taken by Linda (Shane and I were busy with the DSLR's)I hope you enjoy it.

6 comments:

Chuck said...

Very nice.

A few thoughts.

1. You have to admire the fish for their determination. They keep trying and trying to get up those falls.

2. How about the patience the bear shows. He just sits there waiting for the perfect opportunity not exerting too much effort for his meal.

3. Would have been funier had the bear slipped and went down the falls.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the fire department. Trying to push forward with improvement. And the old fire chief at the top just waiting to knock it down or bite you in the @$$. Thanks for the video Brad, have a lot of memories standing watching the bears for hours.

Stacey Olson said...

Great post. found alot of similarities on your site. My almost 10yr old loves photography and our family also took a vacation to alaska last summer.. wonderful vidio and you have some really great photographs here. thanks for sharing

Brad Myers said...

Chuck, those fish are as dumb as an engine guy don't you think. All that work to be bear food or to spawn and die anyways. The bear on the other hand is as smart as a truckie, stand still and let them come to you. I will eventually happen.

Sparky, good comparison, been there and had my head smashed against that wall over and over. Glad you liked it, Linda will be getting more ready to post.

Stacey, thanks for the compliment. I found your site about a week ago through Brians blog and checked out all your photos. They are great, I wish we had the wildlife in our area like you do. I have to rely on once a year to get most of my shots. My wife would never see me if we lived out there.

Anonymous said...

talk about flying fish!!

Coppertop said...

Wow - amazing footage! Felt like I was standing right there also - thank you for sharing. Your photos are wonderful!