Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The German's Are In Carlisle...

Today continues my photographs from the Army Heritage Center on Saturday. You have seen the American side, now it's time for the other side. This German soldier was on a Douglas two-cylinder motorcycle. I could speak on the history World War 1 and 2 but everyone should have learned that in school and even if you didn't you are not coming to my site to learn it.

I mentioned before that it was an all day program but I didn't elaborate. The event opened at 9:00 a.m., followed by the 101st Airborne Screaming Eagles parachuting into the area at 9:30. The rest of the day was filled with living history, a lecture by General David Petraeus, demonstrations on Civil War artillery, WW II weapons, life in the trenches and modern small units tactics and at the end of the day there was a discussion panel with present military personnel to answer questions about Iraq.

5 comments:

Woody said...

Brad,

I really like this photo. Now for a dumb photoshop question, how did you get the colors like that? I've tried doing that already in photoshop and have not had success yet.

Brad Myers said...

Woody, that is a good question and one I could never explain on here. It involved many things, I spent about two hours working on this photo last night. I could show you how to do it maybe, I experiment and can not always duplicate the same results.

I am glad you like it, it is nice to hear feedback. The last three days I have felt very good about the phots I put on the site. It doesn't hurt to have Brian around to ask questions about the processinf either.

Woody said...

Cool, I'll just keep practicing and see how I do...I'll have a photo for you tomorrow that I took today that I think you'll like. When I looked and saw, I actually thought of you and the two things you like, Trains and FireTrucks..

Woody said...

I agree about Brian, of course I think he gets tired of me asking him questions all the time..LOL, He probably has my email blocked by now...

Anonymous said...

Brad, really sorry i missed the event, would have liked to have been there. Pam and i went to the 28th div memorial service in Boalsburg on sun, but it wasn't the same
4thsgt