Monday, January 18, 2010

Sparring Elk...



These young Elk were caught sparring early one morning during the rut in Elk County. Unfortunately they were on a hill side making them hard to photograph and the light was not very good yet. With the movement of the animals it requires a faster shutter speed to freeze the action and that means a higher ISO increasing the noise in the images (that is very noticeable in these). These were taken with the Nikon D300 with the 70-200 f2.8 and the 1.4 attached. They were all shot at 2000 ISO, 1/100 second at f4.

2 comments:

Jeff Sullivan said...

Don't know the tech talk, but the deep colors look great to me.

KaHolly said...

Wow! I wish I understood all that camera jargon! Sounds like I could learn a thing or two, considering I know very little now! Nice photos, they look perfect to me. I'm envious of your experiences.