Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More From The Newville Fire...



Okay, I found some time to work up a few more photographs and gather some information on the fire I photographed Sunday. The call was dispatched around 10:20 a.m. for Oak Flat Road, West Pennsboro Township, Cumberland County. The first arriving chief reported a working fire. Fire apparatus from Newville, Walnut Bottom, Penn Township and the Cumberland Valley Hose of Shippensburg responded to the fire. Firefighters only operated inside for a short time before being removed because of rapidly deteriorating conditions. At that point the fire was battled from the outside. I arrived about 25 minutes after the initial dispatch and the first few photos I recorded with heavy fire showing were taken right away. Within minutes the bulk of the fire was knocked down and overhaul was started. The ranch style frame house was a complete loss.

The last photograph was my first attempt at using textures. I learned I need to expand my texture library and that I need more practice at doing it. It did not come out exactly as I had hoped by I can't wait to try it on some photos from the battle of the Buldge later this month. The video is short and like I said yesterday I forgot I was using it for something else so it is not in high definition. If you turn up the volume you can hear sounds from the fire ground.

Hey it is Tuesday already so please stop by Shane's blog for a new post.

4 comments:

Sparky said...

Great video. Good job on your site.

Anonymous said...

Pics are great, now I see what I missed when the Wife said Drive me to Hagerstown to the Mall. Cressler

Woody said...

Great photos Brad. I caught another fire on the way home from work. A car fire, but still. I'll be posting that tomorrow.

When is the Battle of the Bulge?? Is that in Carlisle at the Army Heritage Center??

Brad said...

hey
i was just wandering if there is anyway you can send me the pics from this fire so that i can add them to our banquet video for 2010. If you have any questions you can email me at bdstouffer@aol.com or call me at 717-776-4747 and ask for Bradley Stouffer. Thanks.