Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bugling Bull...

I have said it in the past and I will say it again. I have posted so many elk and whitetail photos that I am left speechless. With the new year upon us I am hoping to find some photo contest to enter this year and I would like to also find some kind of avenue to sell some of my photos. I know I have posted my share of images that are not that good and just filling space but I know some of them are worthy of print or potentially winning something. I want this to remain a hobby so it stays fun but I spend so much on equipment and traveling around to take photos that it would be nice to get a few extra dollars to help me in the equipment.

Don't forget to stop by Shane's site for a new post today.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

If I were to bet on you getting some recognition for your photos, I believe it would be a sure thing. Your photos are very sharp with story telling qualities! So I'd say go-for-it Brad! Good Luck!

And about the equipment I use...I haven't updated my profile info in a few years as to answer your question, I use a Canon 50D with a 300mm 2.8L Prime lens. If I need more than 300mm, I throw on a 2x.
Thanx for always stopping by!

Heather said...

Brad I would buy your work for sure! I think you are amaxing :) There are several avelues for selling stock photos and a friend of mine has had amazing success using Deviant Art. I've even sold a couple through there but it was just by chance that somebody came across them and wanted prints. It might be a good start just to play with. Go to deviantart.com and upload photos, after upload is complete it will ask if you want to make print purchasing an option and you can either use their default prices or set your own. When n order is placed, they fill it and send it. When you earn more than $25 they send you a check (monthly I think). My friend made business cards and flyers and just gave them to everybody. This works for him so that he doesn't have to make a bunch of stock prints and from the cost this early in the game.

Brad Myers said...

Thanks Heather I will check it out. You need to get some new post up.