Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Immature Eagle With Fish...




If I said I was excited when I seen this it would be an understatement and after looking at the cameras LCD I was even more excited. Then I got home, down loaded the card and the reality of what I got set in. This immature bald eagle started flying around us and I opened fire with the D300. As he made his approach to the water I just tried to pan with him and keep the shutter release pushed. He swooped down just hitting the water and came up with this fish in his talons. He didn't travel very far before he lost his grasp and the fish went falling back into the water. The bad part was these were the only three keepers of the bunch and they were not as good as I had hoped (the first photo is pretty soft and the second one is not very sharp also). They were shot with the 70-200 f2.8 with the 1.4 attached and then cropped in pretty tight. I guess I failed to mention, these were taken on the trip Shane and I took to Conowingo Dam between Christmas and New Years.

Speaking of Shane it is Tuesday so please visit his site for a new post.

4 comments:

Sparky said...

Are you nuts? These are great pictures.

Haney said...

I like the "Oh, Shit" look on his face in the third picture. Nice series, though. They weren't doing this when I was down.

KaHolly said...

Oh my goodness, I can feel the adrenaline pumping! Nothing like being at the right place at the right time! Your shots are beautiful.

Kirigalpoththa said...

Great captures!