Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Coopers Hawk...


A few days after the snow I took a trip to Gettysburg to pick up a Christmas gift. While there I decided to take a drive through part of the battlefield looking for something to photograph. What I found were hawks in many of the trees. Problem is they did not want to cooperate any more than the ones around my house. They were either obstructed by branches, to far away or as soon as I lifted the camera they would fly away. This one stayed still for me but he was a distance away. The photos were taken with the 70-200 with the 1.4 attached at full zoom and then cropped in tightly to make the photos. One of these days I will get lucky.

It is Tuesday so please visit Shane's site for a new post.

2 comments:

Sparky said...

Nice shots. Looks like the second picture he is going to go after you.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots, Brad!
Still waiting to get a shot of one!

Cheers, Klaus