Monday, September 24, 2007

Unexpected

Today's photograph was taken July 22, 2005 in the Lamar Valley of Yellowstone.

I call it unexpected because when I first spotted these deer they were at the bottom of this hill in the river. Of course I got excited thinking I would get shots of them in the water, but they started up the hill. I waited thinking I could still get a few shots, but I never thought they would come to the top and pose for me. The three bucks stood on the top creating the perfect repetition and rules of third for a photograph.

The Lamar Valley is my favorite place in Yellowstone. This area has the least amount of tourist, most of the people that are there are to watch the wolves. The wildlife is plentiful, although you must work for it. Buffalo are abundant, deer are plentiful, wolves run in packs and there is the occasional black bear.

No comments: