Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Spring Gobbler


In the spring of 2006 I spent a lot of time traveling between my house and Ivan Bretzman’s garage in Mt. Holly Springs as he restored the CV’s Ward LaFrance. While heading there one day I spotted something just off the road and stopped to investigate. What I seen next gave me great excitement, a gobbler and three or four hens. I never travel anyplace without my camera, so I pulled further off the road and began shooting. As I shot away at first I could not understand why I was not spooking the birds causing them to take off. Then I realized, its mating season. The gobbler spread his tail feathers, puffed out his chest exposing his small beard and began strutting around. The area was a little thick but I still managed to get a few shots. It was a joy to watch them in action.

No comments: