Friday, July 31, 2009

What A Great Time...

Did we ever have a great time snorkeling. We did it multiple times and it was the most fun I had on the vacation. The water is beautiful, the coral is like nothing I had ever seen and the fish and sea life were fantastic. I picked up a new camera to use underwater and I will tell you more about it next week. This photo was taken at Hanauma Bay on the island of O'ahu. We swam with this sea turtle taking photos and really enjoying it for sometime before other people caught onto what was going on. After the area began to get crowded we swam on looking for other sea life. This was the high point of the vacation for me, I never thought I would swim in the ocean with a sea turtle.

5 comments:

Woody said...

Thats a great picture for underwater. Very clear

Unknown said...

Brings me back to my younger days when I was SCUBA diving and snorkeling with my dad and mom! It is like you are in a different world and you don't want to leave. Almost makes me wish I was living close to the ocean but I need my four seasons and mountians also.

Great shots hope to see more underwater shots.

Cincy Bill

Texas Travelers said...

Great photo. I really like it. I don't snorkel, but I love scuba. It must have been great to see the sea turtle.

We are out of the severe drought area. It is about 100 miles to the south. We could still use some more rain here though.

Looking forward to hearing about the camera. I had a Nikon underwater camera for a while, but couldn't justify the expense, no more than I used it.

Troy

poefusion said...

I'd love the opportunity to go snorkeling sometime. I'm sure I'd enjoy it as you and your family did. That turtle is huge. Great underwater shot.

Lucy Corrander said...

It would be like having a dream come true, even if you had never dreamed it before.

Lucy
Another continent - yet your photo of the boat and the water and the bank jutting into the sea reminded me immediately of a photo I took of upturned boats in Dorset (England) last summer.

http://picturesjustpictures.blogspot.com/2008/07/upturned-white-boat-at-ferrybridge-in_22.html

Lucy Corrander
PICTURES JUST PICTURES