Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sky Watch Friday From Above...


After a month off I am back to Sky Watch Friday. Today's photograph was taken out the window of a 757 over 30,000 feet above the Pacific ocean close to the island of O'ahu. I really thought this trip would yield many good sunrise and sunset photos but I had trouble being up early enough for sunrise photos and found that most of the time I was on the wrong side of the islands for sunset photos. While on the ship only one good sunset photo opportunity occured and I had to watch it out a window from the dinner table. Oh well, I still captured a few photos I can use for upcoming sky watch Fridays. Be shure and click the link to enjoy other great sky watch photos from all over the world.

12 comments:

Woody said...

Very Nice Brad.

Sparky said...

Remember sunrises in the east and sets in the west. Do we have to get you a compass for your next vacation? Nice shot out the window of the airplane. Always liked to see the clouds and sun like that.

poefusion said...

Great photo Bradley. I think sunrises and sunsets are the most incredible sight one can behold.

Your Strip In Honolulu post came up in my reader today but when I arrived here it's nowhere to be found. I'll say this it's a great picture. I'm glad you and your family had such a nice time. I think I would be more of a wildlife kinda person too. Hope all is well. Have a great day.

annalarssonphotography said...

Welcome back! :)

Gorgeous shot!!
Love those colours!

Have a great weekend!
Anna

Sylvia K said...

Yes, welcome back! And what a stunning capture! Beautiful and dramatic! Enjoy your weekend!

Carletta said...

Glorious!
This is still a great one to come back with. :)

My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

ninja said...

Very nice shot! They're usually a bit unclear (plane window shots not your photos;)

ItaJeff said...

Amazing!
Happy skywatching

Photo Cache said...

Happy skywatching. I miss your images.

Eric(SWF Holland) said...

Wow, great colors of the sky here!!

Have a nice SWF

Dancin Fool said...

That's excellent! The best view of clouds is always from above I think. Great shot!

Rob Ripma said...

Wow, such a fantastic shot!