Friday, July 18, 2008

Those Were The Days...

I was able to go the whole week avoiding posting photographs related to the fire service, but I just couldn't make that one more day. In the last week I shot fire related photographs at work, Hagerstown and the Pennsylvania Pump Primers. Sooner or later I just had to post a few.

This guy was found sitting on the tailboard of a rig at the PPP last Saturday at River Front Park in Harrisburg. It was a very hot and humid day yet he stayed there for the duration of the event to show people how firemen used to dress for an alarm of fire. Wearing his duct coat, tin helmet, 3/4 length boots and chemox breathing apparatus he was ready to go to work. The guy did tick me off a little, I stood and talked to him for over an hour and he would not say a thing. The least he could have done was grunted like an engine guy if he wasn't smart enough to speak like a truckie, I should have known better, he was sitting on the tailboard of an engine.

8 comments:

Woody said...

Folks, Don't let Brad kid you. It is actually him wearing all the gear to show the young kids how they did it back in the day...

Anonymous said...

Me work on truck, me break stuff, me not smart nuff to to use the right tool. Thats OK truck guy, The Squad is here we'll take care of all the work.... Chief you can send the worthless wagon back, but keep the thuck...they're at least teachable....Squad 8

Brad Myers said...

Hey you squengine guy without us you would still be crapping in the street wondering how to get into the building. If you were only smart enough to turn the door knob. Hold the truck with their damp mops and return the rest, we got it...TOWER 2

Anonymous said...

If history has anything to do with, red shields on helmet ID the Truck Co., black Engine Co., & blue Rescue Co. This guy is wearing a red shield on his helmet. So has to be a Truckie. I engine guy would be laying on the ground wanting water.

Unknown said...

Where are his fire ball gloves in day glow orange?

Chuck said...

At least its a MACK!

Brad Myers said...

As I was typing I almost typed in fire ball gloves because that was the norm, I guess they didn't have any.

Chuck you know why he is not sitting on a KME? Because it was out of service, mechanical, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Brad, stop kidding yourself. You would rather ride the wagon than the truck. Why didn't you stand there in front of te guy a drink a bottle of water and talk about the heat.

WMIT