Monday, May 18, 2009

Wow!, What A Weekend...

No, this photograph has nothing to do with the past weekend. It just happened to be the only photograph I had ready and it was this or nothing. I considered not posting today, recently the hits the site receives has declined and life has just been to busy to spend time on it, with summer approaching the time I want to spend in front of this machine gets less and less also. With all that being said today's post is my first live post in six months or more. Normally I upload and do scheduled posting, I like to be two to three weeks ahead of schedule, but time has finally caught up with me, I have one already posted for Tuesday so the rest of the week will be catching up. This is a Coopers Hawk, he was the one I photographed this winter feeding on a rabbit in a nearby field.

This weekend was an action packed military event for my family and I. On Saturday Shane and I met up with Rich Bistline http://hfd60.blogspot.com/ and Woody and his son Wyatt http://woodysphotography.blogspot.com/ at the Army Heritage Center in Carlisle for Armed Forces Day. Unless you are new to this blog you have seen photos and heard about this event many times. Following the awesome living history we headed to the Giant Center (sorry no photos from this the BASTARDS at the Giant Center no longer let me take my camera in) for the opening game of round three of the playoffs. By the way the Bears lost 3-2. We got up early Sunday morning and headed 125 miles south to Andrews Air Force Base for there Joint Services open house and air show. For Shane and I this was our first ever air show, that also means it was the first time we have ever shot aircraft so I don't know what to expect from our photos. I am downloading the 15 1/2 gig we shot as I type. And I hope to get to look at them sometime today. I must say this was a great time and it will more than likely become an annual family event. We enjoyed it enough that we are planning on heading to Dover Air Force Base for their air show in June.

Finally we had a photographic weekend, I recorded about 1,800 shutter releases putting my camera over 21,000 in one year of shooting and Shane shot the same amount or maybe a few more (lets hope he does something with them and post to his blog). It also will give me something else to post and mix in with the bird photographs. Recently I had someone say give me a break with the birds, well here is your break.

Now for a next three days at home before heading back to work, for anyone out there looking for something to do my lawn needs mowed, the house needs cleaned and I am opening the pool over the next two days, if that is not enough you can help with my honey do list.

I almost forgot to mention that while at Andrews, Air Force 1 with President Obama took off for Notre Dame, we did not see the President himself but it was really neat to see his jet take off, and yes photos to follow.

8 comments:

Sparky said...

Join the group of busy people. If you need any help with ID any of the aircraft you took let me know. And McGuire AFB NJ is having their airshow in 2010. Looking forward to the airshow pictures. By the way I have about a 100 sqft of concrete to pour, if you want to trade jobs.

Brad Myers said...

I will not be able to identify any of the aircraft, my hope is that Shane can.

Are you coming down to help me pour my concrete? I can't get the truck around back so it all must be wheeled in by hand.

Woody said...

Brad,

If the airshow in June at Dover is the one with the Blue Angels, I will be attending that one as well.

So they now banned cameras for the Bears now at the Giant Center?? Your right they are a bunch of bastards...

Willard said...

That is a shot to be proud of Brad!

I know what you are saying about the blogging. It sort of reinvigorated me to go to Elk County, but I still find it hard to really get into it like I once did.

Sparky said...

Concrete pump truck. Pump it up and over the house. Or a portable mixer and mix it on the spot. Let me know and I will be there.

E4 Lt said...

better idea yet... hire some cheep imported labor to do it and sit back, drink beer and watch... puts things in a better perspective

Tracy P. said...

I agree that the folks at the Giant Center are bastards ... stupid rule. I was so excited to be able to take my new camera into the arena and get some rockin' pics, but they blew that for me!


BTW, great pics. I check them out all the time, but never comment.

Anonymous said...

Stinks about the Bears game 1. Was going to give you a call and let you know how the Caps game 7 was that I got to go to (Exclusive BET suite, don't ask...) but was so disgruntled after the game, just wanted to forget about it...

TJ