Tuesday, May 12, 2009

House Sparrow...

This is a House Sparrow to learn more about this bird follow the link http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/House_Sparrow/id. At last count I have had at least 16 different birds, chipmunks, rabbits and squirrels and groundhogs (they are not welcome here) eating from my feeders this spring. If I ever identify a bird wrong please don't hesitate to let me know, some of these birds are so similar that I have trouble at times to identify them. If you have ever clicked the links I put up then you have seen it is a great site for birds. I also use a couple a books one in particular, National Geographic Field Guide to Birds, Pennsylvania and an application I downloaded to my itouch called ibird. If you have and itouch I highly recommend this application as it is a fantastic tool.

I am a day late but I am participating in Bird Photography Weekly, it is much like Sky Watch Friday but about birds and on a smaller scale. Click the link below and visit other sites with great bird photographs.

8 comments:

kjpweb said...

Beautiful, Brad.
Love the muted colors and detail!
Cheers, Klaus

Walker said...

Nice capture. Love your birds.

Kelly said...

...a lovely capture and close-up of this friendly little bird. Looks like he heard your camera click!

mick said...

Nice photo and a good reminder that some birds are all over - out here in Australia too!

QRPhotography said...

Nice photo!

Tom said...

Excellent photos. you take great shots.

Neil said...

Beautiful photo.

Larry Jordan said...

Great House Sparrow photo Brad but beware. You told me you put up a Bluebird house, beware of the House Sparrow taking it over before the bluebirds get a chance. Check out my post on House Sparrows and be weary.