Friday, May 29, 2009

Reflections Of Last Week...

Today's photograph is a reflection of last weeks training at work. The week before we trained on one of our rescue boats, and last week we trained on our new fire boat with the boating season approaching and the docks filling up at City Island water calls are sure to pick up. We (the Harrisburg Fire Department) protect the Susquehanna River with two boats and a raft. Even though the boating season will not get into full swing until this weekend (I forgot Memorial Day was a week early) we have been busy the last few weeks with numerous runs to the river. This photograph was taken on our new fire boat, if you look closely you can see the water flowing from the deluge gun mounted on the bow. Yes that is me on the right taking the photo, Lt. Devoe on the left and it is Capt. Eiceman's glasses as he pilots the craft.

Recently I sold my D2X and replaced it with a D90. My main camera is the D300 with the D90 as a back up. I went with the D90 because it gives me the option of shooting high definition video. In an attempt to get used to it and learn the camera I have been taking it to work the last couple of weeks and using it there. This is the first photograph I have posted using this camera. In the near future I will be posting more photos from the river and maybe a video or two. I think I am going to like it, but it is not the D300.

CLICK THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BETTER VIEW THE REFLECTION.

6 comments:

poefusion said...

Sounds like the training was a success and that you had enough time to play with your new camera. I love the way the picture eludes to a panoramic view within the goggles. It gives the bridge an interesting new look. Have a nice day.

Sparky said...

Cool picture, I like the relection. Where is the boat stationed out of? And do you run mutial aid? Can we get it in the Branch?

Haney said...

Too cool. I like the reflection of the railroad bridge also.

Woody said...

Great Shot Brad! Where is the Boat stationed at?

Coy Hill said...

Super cool shot Brad! Keep the boaters safe, some aren't sharp enough to do it themselves :)

Ken Conger Photography said...

Interesting perspective. Nice job! Blue Skies.