Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year...

I had nothing ready for today so I sat in front of the computer the last day of the year to go through files and find a photo to post. One of the files I opened had photographs I had taken of my nephew Logan Robinson for his senior pictures. Some of them had been re sized for sending my sister for her approval. This particular photographed I used a number of blending options and layers mask on to get the end result. Now you can tell me what you think of it good or BAD. I can not get any better or learn that I stink at this and should quit without positive or negative feedback. With the new year I plan to make some changes in my photography, less procrastinating and more getting out and shooting. I also plan on trying more on photoshop and getting some classes in.

Logan will graduate this year from the Shippensburg Area Senior High School, he was recently inducted into the National Honor Society and plans to attend a trade school in Williamsport to be a gun smith.

6 comments:

Coy Hill said...

Happy New Year Brad, may 2009 reward you with many full cards of fantastic captures. Hopefully we can arrange to shoot the Pa elk together this year.

I like the effects you created here. The background while not appearing unnatural does have a dreamy quality, nice work.

Ken Conger Photography said...

Happy New Year Brad.

Shot looks good to me. Well composed and exposure looks correct. Since you are asking for honest criticism, one little nit would be the brilliant yellow in the leaves in the left background is so dynamic it draws your eyes away from the intended focus of your image, Logan. So, I might would have toned that down a bit if that was one of your layers.

Blue Skies.

Leedra said...

Happy New Years. Don't see anything that needs improvement. Love the background.

Brad Myers said...

Thanks all, Ken that is what I am looking for anytime. I am an ametaure with no plans for a business but I would still like to do the best I can. I can't get any better without someone out their to tell me what is wrong.

Haney said...

Nice shot, Bradley. He looks relaxed and comfortable. The girls I've worked with "Cheese it up" and it's difficult to get them to look more relaxed.
Congrats to Logan. I was also at the NHS ceremony as a returning parent. It's good to see him follow his passion.

Carletta said...

Very professional looking! It reminds me of my son's years ago now that was done by a pro and I paid big bucks for. You might want to rethink the business end in my humble opinion.