Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Clicks At Blackwater...

These were my first shutter releases at Black water Wildlife Refuge on the way home from the beach. I am not sure I got the effect I was looking for and I think I would have liked the depth of field better with the 70-200 2.8 on the camera but Shane was using it so I was relegated to the 200-400 f4. It looks like the larger bird is a Ring-billed Gull. I can't wait to get back to these two new places when I am only there for photographing and have plenty of time. Any body up for a road trip?

Hey it is Thursday already so please visit Shane's blog for a new post.

4 comments:

Haney said...

Nice shot. I like the depth of field you captured here.

Sparky said...

Nice job.

David said...

Awesome picture! I love the use of depth of field and leading lines. It draws my eye right to the birds. The 200-400mm f/4 is a great lens, I need to add one to my bag of tricks.

Michaela said...

I love that shot!