Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pa. Turkeys...


I bet you were expecting photographs of Elk today. They will come along with lots of other wildlife from Northern Pennsylvania. Like I said before I really enjoy viewing and photographing wildlife and we got to enjoy lots of that this past weekend. The whitetail were in abundance and some had racks like I have never seen before. With that said I thought I would mix them up over the next couple of weeks.

We had the opportunity to see turkeys on three occasions, the first time it was getting dark and they were in the woods so we really didn't get a chance to shoot them. The second time was when these photos were taken in the early morning. I didn't count them and there was actually many more than can be seen in this flock. When they started walking many little ones came out of the field. We seen these birds on the Winslow Hill Road almost across from the Elk View Dinner.

Sometimes I wonder what I am thinking when I look through the camera. At times I get fantastic shots and at times, like these birds and a few other times this weekend I just seem to not get anything sharp or pay close enough attention to the lighting. I guess I have allot to learn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great photos of the turkeys. I sure would like to see some in the wild.

Raven said...

I think you are too critical of yourself. I like these, especially the second one which is a wonderful portrait of a bird I've never been lucky enough to see in real life.

Brad Myers said...

Thanks Raven, I have been told that before. I learned hands on, supplied myself with good equipment and have taken many photographs. I just get angry with myself whern I have those brain farts at this piont they should not happen as often.

Rambling Woods said...

Wow..we have only had turkeys once and it was a group of hens...