Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fawn Revisited...


Back to the wildlife today so I thought I would revisit one of my favorite experiences in the wild and post the fawn. For those of you that follow along on my site you will recognize this little one from last week when I posted two photos of him or her. Just in case you missed it I took these photographs in Elk County at Hick's Run Viewing area the weekend of August 8,9 and 10. This little one was such a pleasure to watch and photograph, I have one more photo of the fawn ready to post some time in the future and need to check the folder to see if there is any others good enough to process.

A while back I plugged some blogs I watch on a regular basis, thanks to sky watch that number has increased. Please check out the comments left by others and go to there sites you will find some amazing photography, some like Klaus's site makes me wonder why I post, his shots are just fantastic. I guess it gives me something to work for. I was getting off the subject, that's not good I forget what I was thinking when that happens. One of my links is for the Pa. Wildlife Photographer, his lessons and photographs are some of the best you will see, he is in Yellowstone and the Tetons this week and I have to believe when he returns his site will be one you do not want to miss. A link is on the left but to make it easy here it is again Pennsylvania Wildlife Photographer . One more site I found recently through http://coloradodeer.com/ Tommy V's site is Ken Conger Photography it is a must. We photograph allot of the same things and places, but like Klaus I am not on the same level. When you go to his blog be sure and take the link to his site and look at the different gallery's, it will be worth the time.

13 comments:

kjpweb said...

A profoundly blushing Klaus says:
You're selling yourself short and without being modest, overselling my stuff! I'd give something to have some of the shots you have. There's one link though, that features a photographer, that truly is way out of our league. Ken Conger. In my opinion he is the best Wildlife Photographer I know of. Forget Moose Peterson - Ken not only captures wildlife - he captures personalities of animals. And - as I had the pleasure to shoot with him a day, he's also down to earth, funny and extremely supportive.
He truly is someone to look at and to learn from.
Cheers, Klaus

Anonymous said...

Bradley, I would have to agree that Ken is a fabulous wildlife photographer and would love to be able to capture the animals as he does. Klaus I also thing you are a fabulous photographer and would kill to have your skills. Bradley I also enjoy your photos and stories and your photos show your great skills. You all inspire me to be a better photographer. Thanks

Brad Myers said...

Thanks guys, my wife is always on me about being to hard on myself. The quality of the photographs on some of these blogs is just amazing and it does give me something to shoot for. There is allot to learn from these bloggers about photography and wildlife.

But then soemtimes it is fun just to have fun.

Flying Solo said...

I like your catches and i think you very sensitive. Have fun :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely fawn! So glad you were able to see and take photos of this wonderful creature.

Leedra said...

The fawn is great. So precious.

Carletta said...

Couldn't help checking out the fawn while looking at your Sky Watch - a real beauty and a great photo!
I see you found Willard - he is great. I've enjoyed him for some time now.

Brad Myers said...

Be careful with those sensitive comments, if the guys at work find that out I will never hear the end of it.

It is getting to late to capture more fawns this year, but it is never to late to start scouting for next year.

Gretchen said...

Very awesome shots!!!

Rambling Woods said...

Wow..I can't get anywhere near enough to take photos like that. Great job..

2sweetnsaxy said...

Look! It's Bambi! :-D Can't help but wonder if you thought that when you first saw it.

I think your photos are great.
;-)

Stacey Olson said...

I agree with Klaus, don't sell yourself short, these are wonderful... thanks for sharing

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Bradley, I tell you if I could take a picture half as good as you can I would be a very happy camper. You are a brilliant photographer and I enjoy checking in to see what you have here. The fawn is dear to my heart. I thank you for the link again as I missed it before. I need all the help I can get and am always eager to learn, one reason I check in with you on a regular basis.