Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Summer Coyote In Yellowstone

This photograph is of the first coyote we had ever seen in the wild. It was taken in Yellowstone between Norris and Canyon in the summer of 2005. As with most wildlife in Yellowstone that time of year we knew we were approaching something by the stopped vehicles and brake lights. As we got closer we noticed this mangy looking coyote that was shedding his winter coat walking through a field on the hunt for rodents (I guess I should have taken him along to work, he could have gotten plenty). He did a wide circle finally crossing the road just behind a few campers and started our direction through another field when I took this photograph. Since that time I have had many more coyote encounters all equally as enjoyable. I hope I have many more to come.

No comments: