Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fire To Art...


Okay I post two photographs now what do I say. It’s not like I am at a loss for words often. Both of these were taken in Shippensburg July 2006 at a multiple alarm fire. I have posted other photos from this fire on the site but do not have time this morning to go back and find the links to them. Both of these have been altered greatly in Photoshop to appear as paintings or artwork. Hopefully I won’t misspell or screw up any of the names but the first photo is of Ed Hoover, Newburg FD using the hose, Jeremy Heckman, WEFR on the ladder, Todd Sherman, WEFR and Waleed Nruriden, WEFR. I know the title of the photo is just a little screwed up by by borough SOP’s WEFR’s assignment is in the rear of the structures and the have been lucky enough over the last few decades to catch plenty of fire their. The second photo was taken in front of the building and shows two unidentified Pleasant Hall firefighters advancing a hose line over a ground ladder.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad, the site looks great as always. That day in July 06 was one we won't forget. Todd

Brad Myers said...

Thanks Todd, I need to get to town one of these weeks, its been awhile.

Stacey said...

Brad you sure have a talent. You show so much pride, if its a picture of the fire departments or a picture of Shane'r. I enjoy everytime each time I visit your site. Great job, look forward to seeing more.

Brad Myers said...

Thanks Stacey, you know I am proud of Shane, even these days when he is working my last nerve. And I am proud of the SFD, it is important to remember were you came from. Its because of them that I have the good job I have.