Thursday, April 8, 2010

Up Close With A Snake...



While searching the wetlands for the perfect bird photograph we happened upon this snake. Now do not ask me what kind it is because I really have a strong dislike for snakes and usually head in a different direction. For some reason I didn't this time and decided to photograph it. Laying in the grass with the 200-400 f4 on the camera I focused on the snakes head and waited for the tongue to come out. After downloading the card and bringing the photos up in bridge I realized that I also got a reflection in the eye. Now I know the last photograph is not sharp but it does show what the snake was seeing, that is left to right Linda, Shane and myself with a blue sky behind us. This is the first time I ever photographed a snake, and maybe the last time.

Please visit Shane's blog for a new post today.

2 comments:

Sparky said...

I left a comment yesterday, but for some reason didn't show up. Nice pictures of the snake. I really like the eye shot. But I too DO NOT LIKE SNAKES...

Peggy said...

Nah, you're hooked now! I don't like them, but I dont hate them either, but thats why we have telephoto lenses right?