Friday, April 16, 2010

Bloggers In Florida...




Since I started blogging a little over two and a half years ago I have had the good fortune to meet and photograph with other wildlife bloggers on numerous occasions. This March in Florida was no different. The first photograph is of Klaus Peter, I met Klaus February (he lives in Florida) of last year and spent the day shooting with him at Merritt Island and Viera wetlands. Klaus was kind enough to show me around and pass along some knowledge making this trip much easier and enjoyable. I failed to photograph Klaus on this trip so I am using one of him from Viera wetlands taken last year as he photographed a Common Moorhen. The next photograph shows Tim Rucci on the left and Ken Conger on the right they were photographing a juvenile Crested Caracara. This was my first chance to meet these guys. Tim lives in Florida and l learned of his blog through Ken's. Ken is from Virginia, I have been looking at his blog for some time and have always been envious of his opportunities to travel all over photographing wildlife and at the quality of his images. And finally the last two photograph are of my favorite blogger my son Shane Myers. In the first photograph Shane captures a few images of a small alligator and in the second photo he finds out what it is like to photograph the juvenile Crested Caracara with the 200-400 f4 hand held. By the way if you look at the top of the last photograph in the center on top of a fence post you will see the Caracara.

Later this year I hope to get many chances to shoot with two of my favorite Pa. wildlife photographers and bloggers Willard and Coy Hill.

4 comments:

Woody said...

Good photos Bradley. I think that's the best part of blogging, getting to meet some other bloggers..

Jeff Sullivan said...

Speaking of meeting other bloggers, I met Brad in Shenandoah Nat. Park last fall and after following his blog decided to give it a try. I consider my writing in the elementary stages and learn from you guys. I invite anyone to leave comments. Brad you photography is always amazing.

Willard said...

Hi Brad,

It is good to document the bloggers in action and that shot of Tim and Ken is really impressive with all of that big glass in action.

Tim Rucci said...

Hi Brad,
Hey, I didn't know I was on candid camera! Nice shot you got of the two of us approaching that juvie caracara. We look sort of preoccupied, don't we?

I've been busy with other stuff but finally went out shooting again Tuesday morning. I haven't had time to go through the images yet but will try to post something again soon. I also need to catch up on reading my friend's blogs.