Thursday, April 22, 2010

Opening Day At Metro Bank Park...




On Thursday April 15 my family and I attended opening day at Metro Bank Park in Harrisburg for the Senators first home game. This years event was a little different than in years past as it was the first game in the newly remodeled ($45 million) ballpark. I have to say the ballpark was just beautiful, everything is improved and the seating is 100% better. We had great seats above the visitors dugout and the Senators won the game in the bottom of the 9Th inning. I am not going to go into detail on any of the photographs, I just wanted to photograph the first game and get some shutter releases in, something I have not done much of lately. The video was taken off the television with my D90, it shows the sports guy talking from the ballpark and yes that is Shane that walks behind him waving and then again back the other way waving again. It only last about 32 seconds and you will get to see what I have to live with all the time. Thank you Mayor Reed for your vision to bring baseball to Harrisburg and your work to keep it here and get us a new ballpark. Coming soon photographs of Stephen Strasburg's first professional win.

It is Thursday and that means a new blog post by
Shane, please stop by and see what he has to say.

5 comments:

Woody said...

HAHAHA, that's pretty funny. I can only imagine your reaction when you saw Shane do that.

Photos are great as usual..

Sparky said...

Nice images of the ball game. Way to go Shane. That is just funny.

Haney said...

You must be proud. Kinda brings a tear to your eye.

Unknown said...

What a Ham Bone! Nice looking ball park.

Cincy Bill

Brad Myers said...

I am proud, a chip off the old block. I think he could walk into a firehouse and make anyone cry or steaming mad. Of course he has been training under me for almost 14 years.